COVID-19 has created an ever-changing world for businesses and establishments alike. We want our new and long-time clients to know that we are committed to taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests, without sacrificing the experience we are proud to offer.
That being said, we have implemented specific strategies and procedures to reduce and mitigate the risk of transmission of a wide range of illnesses, including COVID-19.
- Have you shown symptoms of COVID-19 within 10 days of arrival at the Lodge? (fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches or headaches)
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms of COVID-19 within 10 days of arrival?
- Were you directed by Public Health to self-isolate?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
We have implemented the following specific strategies and procedures:
- We will be taking temperatures of staff and guests upon arrival.
- We have re-structured our seating layout to accommodate physical distancing between groups.
- Masks will be available but not mandatory. Whenever possible, it is encouraged to maintain 2 meters (6 feet) between our staff as well as other patrons.
- Our daily cleaning routines will be aimed toward more frequent sanitation and less interaction with guest’s rooms.
- Dinner service will be served by staff in order to reduce the interaction between guests and food services.
- When shuttling guests to and from the lodge, vehicles will be sanitized in between pickups, and PPE will be made available to guests upon request.
- Frequent hand washing and use of sanitizer will be expected from guests and staff.
- Occupancy limits will be posted for multiple areas of the lodge.
- Any staff or guest that experiences symptoms while at the lodge must report immediately to management. They will be provided with PPE and sanitizer, then be asked to leave in order to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Within 14 days of arrival we strongly recommend that our guests avoid large gatherings.
- Actively consider who they have been in contact with.
- We encourage our guests to remain with the group they travelled with and respect the space of others while at the lodge.
We all need to do our part to safely navigate these challenging times. It is important that guests understand, should they attend their trip, they are expected to follow the guidelines we have put in place. If guests cannot comply, they will not be permitted to attend their 2020/2021 trip or may be asked to leave early while attending.
As always, we are dedicated to providing the best possible experience and we will continue to do so despite the arising challenges. We will monitor any updates from governing officials and make changes as required.
Thank you for your understanding and patience through these times.